- Most universities and colleges in the UK consider the results in the High School for admission into undergraduate degree program. Students are required to have gained first division or second higher division in their high school or appropriate results in A levels or the IB.
“Lower grades are acceptable if additional professional qualifications or work experience.”
- Duration: approximately one year
- Purpose: prepare students with lower grades for admission in universities for higher studies
Higher National Diploma Program
- Duration: 2 years.
- Purpose: Roughly equivalent to the first two years of a degree program. On successful complete of the program you may be able to enter the second or third year of a relevant degree program in the UK.
Top-up degrees offer the opportunity to ‘top up’ Higher National Diploma (HND), Foundation Degree or equivalent overseas qualification and gain full UK undergraduate honours degree status in just one year.
- Higher second or first division bachelor degree program
- Some universities will accept students with lower marks for students with professional qualifications or good relevant work experience.
- There are some select courses that might require relevant work experience for a couple of years in a relevant field.
Most of the MBA degrees require to have some work experience in either a related field or at an appropriate managerial capacity along with good undergraduate degree. Experience can vary from 1 to 7 years, some programs requiring at least 2 to 3 years of full time work experience after completion of undergraduate degree.
Some universities in the UK that have designed their MBA program to ensure that they are suitable for students who do not have any work experience.
This guidance is for students interested in studying abroad in particular country. It is only a guide for which information is taken from various relevant websites. It aims to answer some common questions. Visitors are recommended to visit above reference websites or contact the office for most updated information.